FORUM:organizacja EVENTÓW - konferencji, szkoleń, imprez biznesowych i rozrywkowych

powrót do strony www.konferencje.com
 FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja   ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 
How to use Assemble LCD module

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum FORUM konferencje.com Strona Główna -> O obiektach:
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Juniper

PostWysłany: Nie Paź 13, 2019 4:58 pm    Temat postu: How to use Assemble LCD module Odpowiedz z cytatem

as there are some experience reports here in the forum with the 20x04 LCD-Display DOGM204 from Electronic Assembly via SPI - which are not that successful - I want to provide some imformation about a successful project.

I choose this display because it has all interfaces 4bit, 8bit, I2c, SPI onboard and provides different color background options. I use an arduino micro. The LCD-Display is not compatible with the LCD-libs provided with arduino or in the web, because the display controller is the SSD1803A, which is different from the widely used hd44780.
Powrót do góry
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Zoe

PostWysłany: Nie Paź 13, 2019 5:10 pm    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

First to say is, that module requires some external components. 7 small capacitors. And next to say, the LCD works with 3.3V - on supply level and control level - which requires voltage dividers on the 2 SPI control lines (4 resistors required). There you have to implement the circuit in the attachment first.
Powrót do góry
gdhsdhe

Zoe napisał:
First to say is, that module requires some external components. 7 small capacitors. And next to say, the LCD works with 3.3V - on supply level and control level - which requires voltage dividers on the 2 SPI control lines (4 resistors required). There you have to implement the circuit in the attachment first.

Ok, first step of cabling should be ready. Next step is controlling the display. As there is no arduino lib for this purpose, I used the standard SPI lib here and added all code in the main programm part. This is more convenient for exploring the behaviour.
Powrót do góry
Juniper

The display should be reseted for first usage in a program, otherwise the startup behaviour is not stable and program execution may fail. I used a port for this purpose (it can be done with some external components too, see EA pdf for this). The reset pin is alway HIGH (3.3V), only for reset its LOW for at least 20ms. The reset requires a voltage divider to 3.3V too !
Powrót do góry
Zoe

PostWysłany: Nie Paź 13, 2019 5:11 pm    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Juniper napisał:
The display should be reseted for first usage in a program, otherwise the startup behaviour is not stable and program execution may fail. I used a port for this purpose (it can be done with some external components too, see EA pdf for this). The reset pin is alway HIGH (3.3V), only for reset its LOW for at least 20ms. The reset requires a voltage divider to 3.3V too !

It looks close to the 2004 (20x4) displays, it would have to be electronically compatible as well to be swapped with one though. You may find your backlight is not working. I would think that may be possible to replace if that was the case. I haven't had a reason to try to get the backlight out of any lcd like that though. You can check it may be a bulb of some sort under the screen, or LED based.

If you want to know more details please visit here https://www.stoneitech.com/about/news/sharing/assemble-lcd-module.html

Ostatnio zmieniony przez Zoe dnia Pon Paź 14, 2019 6:29 am, w całości zmieniany 1 raz
Powrót do góry
gdhsdhe

PostWysłany: Nie Paź 13, 2019 5:11 pm    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

If it has a contrast control, it would likely be coming from the electronics feeding it, not on the lcd board. The 2004's with a contrast control on them actually have the contrast set on the I2C backpack, if you use the LCD without a I2C Backpack it is controlled by the voltage you feed to to backlight.
Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum FORUM konferencje.com Strona Główna -> O obiektach: Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: